Wednesday, November 16, 2011

the waiting room.

Sitting in the waiting room of Mercy ICU with some of my family here with me. I keep a hopeful disposition because I believe and expect a miracle. But that does not mean I should get lax on prayer--no. We are on the offense side in prayer and petition. Our GOD is so great and wonderful, I just hope to have that sort of Jesus-calm in me. You know, the Jesus-calm--the type of calm that happens when someone so full of faith and love for Jesus Christ walks into the room. You could be feeling so chaotic, but then the Spirit of the Lord is upon them and having them there is like having a little piece of God in the flesh with you. For we know and have Jesus Christ in us, but sometimes you just want Jesus with skin. My mom is like that, she's got the Jesus calm.

Enough of my thoughts, here's the news you've been waiting for.

Visited my Mom last night, she was having some trouble breathing and was coughing quite a bit. She took a breathing treatment and ate spaghetti! Later that night my dad told me that she was put on bi-pap (that breathing mask). Earlier this morning she was intubated and transferred to the CS-ICU. She just got a CT scan. They're going to place another tube in her lung.

These are critical times for my mom. We're able to visit her but she is heavily sedated. She can hear us and we're going in 3 at a time. It is important that we continue to pray for my mom and believe that she will get through this storm. We are waiting for our Savior to come and calm the storm. Do not lose hope everyone. Thank you everyone for coming and showing your support so far and I believe that it has given my mom the strength to fight. I praise God for raising up my mom to be a fighter. Together, we will win this battle!

Expect a miracle!

be free.
-Liana S.

2 comments:

Grace Abude-Pascual said...

Please be assured that I am praying with you for your Mom's complete healing. God is good and nothing is too difficult for Him.

May God's shalom (incomprehensible peace in all areas of life) be upon your mom and the entire family.

Anonymous said...

Continued prayers for your mom, and your family, Liana! HUGS