Thursday, November 17, 2011

Laughter in the ICU including mom

Psalm 73:26 "My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever"

After waiting for family and friends to visit mom first. Finally, it was my turn! Gabe, Desiree, Jayne, Krystal were also in the room seeing mom. After laying hands and prayed in my mind holding moms hand, I started to talk to her with words of affirmation and with faith that she will walk out of that hospital. Words are very powerful, life and death are on the tongue(Proverbs 18:21) so if you visit mom, speak words that bring "LIFE" people. Desiree later walked up holding mom's other hand, and with peace in my heart, I started to lighten up the mood and make some jokes and tell mom what has been happening.
Like, "Hey mom, I gotta give it to ya, hands down, like literally for having the patience and love for taking care of sammi! Because, me and Liana for less than a month have been taking care of Sammi (well mostly Liana of course) and she was driving us CRAZY! So I gotta hand it to you mom for being able to handle Sammi while being patient."
And, "Hey mom! Ronnie, Liana, and I were talking about how we got our names and what they mean earlier today at lunch. And we started to talk about Samantha, and that her name means "to listen", and Ronnie says "TO LISTEN? YEAH! TO LISTEN TO HER!"
Those were just a few, but, with all of the laughter, I noticed (1) her blood pressure was getting higher (to normal because it was low) (2) Her Heart Rate was at 91 and before it was 100 (3) the wrinkles on her forehead (from the pain, because when we walked in the room the started to wake up and respond and was trying to take off the Air Support tubes) were no longer there and she looked more relaxed, and (4) every time we laughed, I noticed a change in her face as if she was laughing and smiling along with us even though she is sedated and having that big air tube in her mouth, Blessing!!!

Call it crazy or call it faith, but, I still have hope that mom is going to walk out of that hospital alive, from what it looks like through our own eyes it looks like things are bad, but, that is why we have faith, because faith is believing without seeing. I believe God is already working inside and is VICTORIOUS!!! In JESUS NAME!

I know we all expect a miracle, but, everyone including myself, must REPENT of our sins. Now is the time to serve our God, Now is the time to repent and ask for forgiveness and come back to the Lord, not half way in , but, All in. God is calling for the Navy Seal believers, that is to lay down your life for Jesus. Remember, He did it for us! Family and Friends, Repent of your sins and Serve our Lord Jesus Christ, leave the selfish life, leave the sinful life and get right with God because God listens to the righteous! God wants all of you!

One more thing, before I left I told mom "this morning when I opened my bible I read Isaiah 46: 3-4 "...I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you."

~John Paul

1 comment:

aaron j. said...

As I ponder on truly what's happening in the past few weeks of Auntie Agnes' situation I can't help but really ask God.. "Lord, what is your plan for her." News of her physical condition getting worse then getting better, then getting worse again just boggles my mind on what may seem like a rollercoaster of emotions. One thing I can remember is that in Scripture, God tells us to be still and know He is God(Ps. 46:10). And yes, He will take care of us, and yes he will take care of our families and friends who know His Son Jesus. I tell you that mixed emotions have come my way, emotions of not knowing whether I'm about to cry or emotions of determination to fight this disease. I know that in God's perfect time, He will reveal the plan He has for Auntie Agnes. As I read my Bible and prayed this morning, I couldn't help but feel led to want to be in Sacramento to support the family. Because God knows truly how much they, especially Uncle Dennis and Auntie Agnes have an enormous section of my heart that was led to follow Christ on a whole nother level. The best I can do as of now, is to pray with all my heart, sing praises even though I'm just in my own apartment alone.. read my Bible and pray some more. Family and friends, this fight isn't over! The Lord needs to see not just physically but spiritually and truly that we are seeking Him in this great time of need. But I say unto you as well that the Lord may be preparing us for something we do not want yet He feels we might need. Yes, that is, Auntie Agnes going to where I know we all want to be. With our Abba Father, with Jesus up above. This fight is unlike any other, for it is the Lord's. Regardless of what happens, I know God's purpose for their family is secure. I know His purpose for us, is secure. And I know, without the slightest doubt that the plan He has for Auntie Agnes is ever secure!

My brothers and sisters, I say this to you because we must not ask God to do our will but His will!

Things can go either way. But that doesn't mean we stop praying, that doesn't mean we let go. That means we fight with prayer, we stand firm with confidence that the Lord will speak and when He does, we will know.

As I began my prayer and devotional, I came across this.

"Just then a woman who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years came up behind him (Jesus), and touched the edge of his cloak. She said to herself,'If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.' Jesus turned and saw her. 'Take heart, daughter,' he said, 'your faith has healed you.' And the woman was healed from that moment." - Matthew 9:20-22

Be relentless in our pursuit for His answer for He will speak.

In Spirit,

aaron