Saturday, November 5, 2011

Update From Desiree

Yesterday, we got the news that Mom required the Rapid Response Team to help with her breathing around 6pm. They stopped the chemo yesterday because there has been no change in her lungs, but they are continuing the Tarceva. Rapid Response Team put her on BiPAP, a ventilatory system that places oxygen into her lungs. I found this out at 8pm yesterday, got off work right away and rushed home and so did my grandma, aunts and uncles. The doctor had everyone in a large group & explained what was going on so we were all on the same page. Doctor told my Dad that IF (and I say IF!!!) the cancer spreads faster than the doctors can keep up with and the ventilatory system does not work as well, she can either have the breathing tube forced down her throat and connected to her lungs, but she will be sedated, and it will be very uncomfortable for her because she will gag or feel like it's unnatural (which it is). He said that it is "basically a one-way trip. It is not to cure the cancer, it's not to treat it, it's basically to put her on a 'pause' so that she can have more time. She may be conscious but will not be able to interact or speak." The other "OPTION" (which we do not believe because, again, God's GRACE is more powerful than any doctor's report) is to take off the ventilatory system but it will slow down her breathing and will cause her to use a lot of energy/strength to breathe but it will not last long because it might drain her. 


These are what we were given from the doctor. Who knows what will happen though? But it is indeed a big weight upon my and my Dad's shoulders since we were both asked our opinion...on what we think would be best for her and what she wants for herself. She does not want the breathing tube. "One ways" are not acceptable. 

She is STILL fighting. NO HOPE IS LOST. We expect miracles.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We constantly think about you all and pray that you will draw peace and comfort from our God who is in total control. Bayside Auburn church is praying for Agnes.

Veronica Fiel-Johnson said...

Cancer I did not give you the right,
To invade my body and take a bite.
This is my body and with all my might,
I will prevail with one hell of a fight.
To the cancer inside, I will battle and kill.
For that is my body's God given will.
To my cancer, these words I do send.
Your life is short and near the end.
* Speak to our mountains Mark 11:23 #GodIsBiggerThanAnyMountain . Dearest Agnes & Dennis plus beautiful girls. Muriel and I come together to lift up our beautiful sister to the Lord. HE is in totally control. May our Lord God continue to bring His amazing Grace of Peace and His lovingkindess to the Seisa Fam. God is the healer and we put all trust in Him. We thank you Lord in advance for what you've already done and what you're going to do. In Jesus precious name we pray. Amen

May said...

Dear Ate Agnes & Kuya Dennis,
I found this blog via Auntie Annie Leary on FB. As I look at the pictures posted here, I see that you & Kuya Dennis look exactly the same today as when I was growing up -- still a BEAUTIFUL couple. :) My heart goes out to you, & I pray that God will ease your pain & heal you.

Love,
Phoen May Villanueva Woodward

May said...

Dear Ate Agnes,
I found your blog via Auntie Annie Leary on FB. My heart goes out to you. As I viewed the pictures here, I saw that your still as beautiful as I remember you during my teen years. :) You & Kuya Dennis have beautiful girls. I pray that God will ease your pain & heal you.

Love,
Phoen May Villanueva Woodward

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister,

The Lord continues to give me a heavy burden for you. I will continue to pray for you, may He heal you, strengthen and comfort you my dear sister Agnes. Hugs to you. With God all things are possible. This too shall pass. Much love to you . hugs. Melani