Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ensure for DIZZERT...

I came by to visit Auntie Agnes after I got off work on Monday afternoon, and ended up staying well into the evening. I am happy to report that Auntie is doing very well and improving day by day. Her appetite is slowly getting bigger and she is talking more. On Monday evening, she was informed by her RT (respiratory therapist) that her pulse/ox stats had improved throughout the entire day. The next morning (Tuesday, 11/8) as promised, I brought a new flavor of Ensure so she could have a new flavor to mix up a few things. We took some time this morning to organize her space with a few new caddies. :) One of the first things Auntie was excited to share with me was she was no longer getting her breathing treatments because on the affects post treatment (she gets really anxious, in which she would need another medicine to counter act her anxiety) and in great part her breathing is improving. She is still on oxygen, but much more relaxed and getting the needed rest that her body needs. The Dr. that came in to check on her, informed her that gaining weight and getting adequate rest is vital to her improvement.

Lunch arrived around noon, and she dared me to try her food. I told her I would if she would do it first. She tried everything on her plate and finished her soup, and ensure! ;) Naturally, after a meal it's nap time! I brought my laptop to make a mix of music that will help her relax while she's in the room. In the process of making the mix, Auntie fell asleep and so did I! I guess that the mix is so good, I inadvertently put myself to sleep! If anyone would like to expand her library of relaxing music, please feel free to bring a CD! Uncle Dennis brought a cd/ipod player, so no need to bring a boombox of your own. She likes acoustic music (i.e. guitars, easy jazz, etc.) While Auntie and I were napping, Uncle Dennis and Pastor Hugo went out on some errands. Little did Auntie and I know that they would come back with a mini-fridge, and enough ensure to fill it! It was quite the sight to see as they perched it atop the window ledge and filled it with a bounty of ensure!

Auntie's faith, strength, and courage amazes me. Day by day, little by little, she is getting better...

--Sharee Nuez--


{Thanks, Sharee, for this wonderful account of your time with your Auntie Agnes.}

2 comments:

Michele Manalo said...

Hallelujah! Praise be to our Father God and our Lord Jesus Christ for the miracles happening in you, Agnes. We will continue to pray for you and believe with you for complete wholeness. Love you, Agnes!
Michele and Bill Manalo

Jasmin Galeos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.