Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Family Member's Love......

Hi Uncle Dennis, Desiree, Liana & Sammie,

First of all I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. You all have shown so much strength and faith in the last month that I am inspired to write. Although I've only known you all for 3 years, I'm so honored to be apart of your family. I only spoke with Auntie Agnes a few times via family gatherings and facebook messages so I was really happy to read about her on the blog. It gives those of us that didn't know her so well the chance to get to know her now. She was an amazing woman, I just wish I could've had more time to get to know her like everyone else did.

I wanted to share with you our visit with her this past Saturday. We thought she was sleeping so we didn't want to stay very long and while Mike was holding her hand he said, "We love you Auntie". She replied by squeezing his hand. I was amazed because despite exhaustion, she still was trying to communicate. I had slipped a rosary in her hand when we first walked in so since I knew she was listening I went on to tell her why I brought it. I said, "Auntie I know you're not Catholic but I am and I put the rosary in your hand to remind you that we're all praying for you", she nodded her head. Then I said, " Don't worry about Sammie and the girls. We'll take care of them". She nodded again and this time a tear came out of her right eye. Her heart rate also jumped from the low 100's to 116. It made me remember that as much as we all would miss her, she would miss all of you, her family, the most. This Thanksgiving I am thankful for those last few minutes with her. She said so much without even saying a word. She loved you all so much and I thought that maybe I should tell you this story so you remembered just how much it must have taken her to go on the be with God even though she would have to wait a while to see you all again.

Last night I was saying my prayers and I had a vision of her. She was somewhere in the clouds in a meadow of some sort. There were white puffy clouds everywhere and she was laughing. I've seen Auntie Agnes laugh before, she has an amazing smile. Maybe since I've only had a few encounters with her I've never seen her have a carefree laugh before but this laugh was different. It was continuous. She had joy in her eyes. You could see it all over her face. She was wearing a white dress shirt and so was the little boy she was lifting and twirling around in circles. He looked about 7 or 8 years old. He had black hair but I couldn't see his face because he had his back towards me. I'm thinking this was Evan and this is their Heaven. I wish I could put this vision on video so I could show you how radiant Auntie was. She is truly in a better place. No pain, no illness, just happiness. I hope this puts your hearts at ease a little. It made me cry when I had this vision as it still does as I write this.

This Thanksgiving I will continue to pray for Auntie Agnes' soul and I'm also praying for all of your peace. May we be thankful for the years we got to spend with Auntie. Her legacy lives on with you. Mike and I love you all and hope that you call on us whenever you need anything. Help us make our promise to Auntie Agnes that we would take care of you.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Sheryll

No comments: