Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tarceva - Day 2

Today is Day 2 of Agnes's oral targeted cancer regimen. She has been started on a drug called Tarceva. It works in a way to block the cancer cells from growing and reproducing. We're waiting/hoping to see if this drug along with intravenous chemotherapy will help slow/shrink the cancer.

Her breathing is better today. She's getting breathing treatments around the clock and as needed. Her body though is physically tired. Auntie Agnes has not been sleeping and feels anxious. This is a stressful time in her life as well as her family's. Her body and mind need rest to function and heal.

Please keep praying for her. Pray that she stays relax. Pray that she sleeps.

3 comments:

Jennifer Gonzalez said...

Dear Agnes,
I know this blog is intended to keep your friends and family posted.
You don't know me, I am a friend of Christine. I have seen her post of you and your beautiful family before so when I saw her post on Facebook about your diagnosis I felt drawn to check out your link.
I hope you don't mind.
My family has been touched twice with lung cancer-first with my father and right now, my Tita.
So I know what you guys are feeling and going through.
You are so loving to share this journey with your friends and family...thank you.
I have 3 daughter that I believe in my heart are here because of prayers from total strangers who were lovingly compelled to pray for my family.
I would like to be one of the voices praying for you that God will hear in heaven so that He can send your Clarence down to be with you.
I am praying for your complete recovery, for your comfort in your treatments and strength through your journey. Keep the Faith.
God Bless you and your family,
Jennifer

christinE g. leong said...

Sweet, sweet Jennifer,
Thank you for reaching out to my dear friend and encouraging her and her family. You have a big heart. I know that she and her family appreciate this kind gesture. I am equally blessed by it.

We need to catch up soon!
love & hugs to your beautiful girls & hubby,
chris

christinE g. leong said...

Kristie,
Thanks for posting this info. Very helpful to know. I hope to see you soon.
love,
auntie christine