Thursday, November 17, 2011

FB Post by her daughter

I love what Desiree posted on her Mom's FB wall, I just have to share it here. Words of a young woman growing up.


Some of you might not know this. Agnes carried a child to term after finding out it was a boy (the only boy) and had a rare Brittle Bone Disease. I remember her phone call that day. We were both to tears. It was heartbreaking. The doctors said, as Desiree mentioned, the baby will not survive. "Termination" was the option they offered. (When I was pregnant with my Diego and found out he would be a Down Syndrome baby, they asked if I would like to terminate it, and they asked nonchalantly. Absolutely NOT! This life isn't ours to terminate.) Who are we to terminate innocent lives?


EVAN lived nine beautiful days. Much longer than what the doctors anticipated. He would've been 8 years old this year.

So if anyone knows about immense pain and heartaches, Agnes does. 
If anyone knows about God's mercy and undying LOVE, she does. 
If anyone knows about HOPE, she does. 
If anyone knows about prayers being answered, she does.
If anyone knows about staying strong and solely relying on God's strength, she does.
If anyone knows God's Word is True, she does. 
And NO ONE can take that away from her.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." ~Jeremiah 29:11
"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord." And My ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” ~Isaiah 55:8

Dennis, Dez, Liana, Sammi, be strong! Praying for you always.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that...thanks for sharing. I have a daughter with Down Syndrome, too. We love her :)

Anonymous said...

cgleong, You told me about capturing these moments in photos, I never imagined how touching and beautiful they are. Praying for a miracle for Agnes and her family. diana

christinE g. leong said...

thank you for your comments/messages but your name comes as "anonymous". I'd like to know who you are =.)