Friday, December 16, 2011

"I don't feel like this is the end..."

Those were Fe's words when we first visited her at the hospital in Room 217. This was the first few days in the hospital. She was really anxious because of her breathing. She was concerned that she was going to be all alone. She told me that no one was staying with her the first few days when she as in the hospital. She was afraid.

I felt helpless as she was trying to breathe. The only comfort we could give her playing worship music from the ipad. She calmed down.

We stayed with her and I tried to stay strong. I could not help my tears from streaming down my face. I couldn't stand seeing her struggling to breath. She kept looking at me but didn't want to stare at me. She had this concerned look on her face. I told her that I loved her. She took one look at me and said "I can't cry."

I kissed her on her forehead and I told her "I love you".

After all these years, I hardly said this to her.

Her words are forever ringing in my head..."I don't feel like this is the end...".
When she said this I thought the Lord was going to extend her life on earth. He had other plans.

It's not the end. She is forever worshiping and praising the Lord. She's with our older sister (Connie) who lived 2 weeks and then passed away with a heart condition. She's with Evan. My nephew who passed away in 9 days. She's with our dad who passed away in 2008.

Lord, I've learned my lesson. Take one day at time. Live the day like it was your last and don't take others for granted.

My heart is still tender from my loss...

"Agnes' brother"

No comments: