Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Choose a Better Way to Live!

I choose a better way to live!

Henceforth, each morning, I will awake and fall to my knees and give thanks to God for that only He can bestow–a new day. This is my most priceless possession. If ever I should feel ungrateful and treat this miracle lightly, I need only open my morning newspaper to the obituary page and scan the long list of names there–names of people who would be most pleased to change places with me despite my problems. There are no problems in a cemetery. I would rather be here than there. I am grateful for this fresh opportunity. I will show gratitude in everything I do, this day. A sundial only counts the hours of sunshine, but I will count them all. I will treasure each minute. I am immortal until my work is done and I have only begun. Thank you for these new hours, God. I needed this day to prove that your faith in my ability was not misplaced. I depart from home smiling. The birds–when did I last hear them singing? How fortunate I am to be here.

-The Choice by Og Mandino


Just something that once helped me a few months ago.
My Mom read this book too, I think. If not, she at least read the other books by this author, Og Mandino.

Expect a miracle.

-Liana S.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Inspiring words, Leah! HUGS

HPuyaoan said...

Love it. Thanks Liana 8]