Saturday, October 20, 2012

A day to look back and a day to move forward.





One year ago, I came to Freeport bakery to buy the annual tradition for your birthday: a fruit tart that you've always craved for. Last year was different. You didn't eat as much. 

This year, it's different, too. I'm at the same exact spot, only with no fruit tart in hand. Just a few selected journals that were sitting in a box in the corner of your room. Coffee and donuts for myself. Another nice, sunny day. Still, I sit in disbelief. Where has the time gone? We have yet to hit our "one year mark". Sometimes, I still question what God's purpose was for this year's trial and hardship. 

Then, I remember how much we've grown as individuals. Our church, the youth group, old childhood friends, new friends, and our immediate family in general. We've experienced a loss and pain so deep, words can't even explain how much it hurts to miss you. I also remember the words from the song that Liana sang at your funeral, "Blessings". A gentle reminder that this is not our home, and that we still have many more beautiful, sunny days to look forward to. 

- Desiree Seisa

No comments: