Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Long Way Home - Steven Curtis Chapman



I find this song very hopeful. I just started reorganizing our apartment because it's been in a state of tolerable chaos for the past few months...Not dirty, mind you, it's in good living condition but much messier than I would like and I know my Mom would approve of. So, I flip on the radio--it's time to turn on the organizing music only to find what song? That song. Blessings by Laura Story.

I had to laugh, that song would play during one of the moments I am reminded of Mom most--when I'm organizing.

She always wanted our house to be ready to receive guests and for them to feel valued, accepted, and loved even by what the state of our home was in.

She said the best was when you were able to enter a clean bathroom at someone's house 'cause that's usually known as the breeding ground for germs (those are my words, not hers--I'm paraphrasing but you get the idea).

But anyway, this song, Long Way Home started playing after Blessings. First, you get to hear about all the Blessings through the pain and how this really isn't our home...then you get to be reminded yet again, that we're a long way from home so we shouldn't fear. This earth, where we are now is not home, so we await in eager expectation for the day Jesus Christ comes back for us--His Beloved. And you can be His beloved too, if you believe.

But yes, this song is lovely. Our life is a grand adventure--yes, there is pain. There is blessings in the pain...however, life is still full of so much hope! We can be so certain of His promises!

Let's have faith! Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see!

Expect a Miracle, my dear friends!

Love you all.

-Liana S.

No comments: