Wednesday, July 17, 2013

chasing dreams

Life is one big journey, but I just can't wait to reach my destination. Impatient, just a little? Maybe, yes. But I'd rather struggle and work to get where I need to be rather than sit at home living comfortably with no forward movement. My mom not only taught me that by her words, but led by example. Everything is slowly becoming clearer to me as I struggle to find out who I am and which route I want to take. I'm definitely not living my dream, 'cause I'm still chasing them. This city is my current land of opportunity: San Francisco. But it's not all some fantasy or fun and games - you can clearly see it on the streets. It's going to be tough & I'll be exposing myself to reality. Though I was scared, I'm ready now. I'm ready to go back to school and take whatever opportunities lie before me full on. My mom was the one who got me enrolled into school despite lack of means at the time, but she did it and laid a foundation before me... now it's my turn to complete whatever she started and set an example as a role model to whoever I encounter - sisters, family, friends, peers...

Lately, it's been very tough for me trying to live on my own but I'll never give up on a dream 'cause it may never come around again. I know at this point I would love my mother's comfort & support to encourage me to keep going - but in my laugh & my sisters smiles, I still keep pieces of her close. That's why I still do what I do.

Blood, sweat, and plenty of tears, I'll make it. Her work is never in vain 'cause she believed in every ounce of me.


- Desiree A. Seisa

1 comment:

jp said...

making me miss mom mann